Answered By: Your Library Team Last Updated: Jul 02, 2017 Views: 92
If you are having problems accessing StarPlus or are getting error messages it is advisable that you ensure your passwords are synchronised:
- Using a desktop browser, make sure your browser is closed (all windows). This should log you out of any of our systems.
- Go to https://login.shef.ac.uk/cas/login where you should see a login form. Please log in with your username and password. Did it work?
- Close your browser again and reopen.
- Go to https://portal.shef.ac.uk/cp/home/displaylogin where you should see a login form. Ignore the message in red on the right. Please log in with your username and password. Did it work?
- If neither step 2 nor 4 work then you will need to ask the CiCS Helpdesk to reset your password for you. Contact http://www.shef.ac.uk/cics/support
- If step 2 works but step 4 doesn't then your passwords have got out of sync and will need to be re-synchronized (this doesn't change your password). Go here https://www.shef.ac.uk/cics/password and login and choose the option to synchronize passwords. After doing this wait a few minutes then try Step 4 again.
- If both step 2 and step 4 work then you can try and access the StarPlus library resources that you previously had errors with. If it still doesn't work then please send us:
a) A screen shot of the error you see.
b) The details of the version of browser and operating system you are using.