Answered By: Your Library Team Last Updated: Aug 24, 2018 Views: 356
If you are having problems accessing resources through StarPlus, sometime it helps to clear your cache and cookies. To delete the cache and cookies on your internet browser, choose your browser from the list below and follow the instructions:
1. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top right of the screen.
2. Click on the clock symbol
3. Select 'Clear History'
4. Make sure the 'Cookies' and 'Cached Data' boxes are ticked.
5. You can leave other boxes such as 'form data' and 'Passwords' unticked so that you don't lose stored usernames and passwords.
6. Click 'Clear' when ready.
Close and restart Microsoft Edge and the issue should be resolved.
1. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner and select Options from the pop window.
2. Select the Privacy tab.
3. Below History click on the blue words that say clear your recent history.
3. From Time range to clear make sure Everything is selected.
4. Make sure Cookies, Cache and Active Logins are ticked.
5. You can leave Browsing & Download History and Form & Search History unticked.
6. Click Clear Now
Close and restart Firefox and the issue should be resolved.
1. Click the three dots in the top-right corner and hover over History, then click History on the appearing menu.
2. Click on 'Clear browsing data'
3. Choose a time range to clear - make sure this covers the whole period that the problem has been occurring.
4. Make sure 'Cookies and other site data' and 'Cached images and files' are ticked.
5. You can leave the other boxes unticked.
6. Click on the 'Clear data' button.
Close and restart Chrome and the issue should be resolved.
Safari OS X 10.10 Yosemite
1.From either the Safari or History menus choose Clear History and Website Data....
2.Make sure all history is selected and click on Clear History.
Restart Safari and the issue should be resolved.
If you need any help clearing your cache and cookies whilst on campus please visit CiCS on Level 1 of the Information Commons.