You can submit your thesis online to be bound or go in person to Print and Design Solutions. All theses are A4 size with the outside cover printed in gold foil, these are available in four different styles, reference T1, T2, T3 and T4. You will also need to complete a:
The cover styles are available for soft and hard binding and all have black card inside, front and back. The maximum thickness of a bound volume is 32mm (subject to sight); if your thesis is thicker it will need to be split into two or more volumes. The service offers:
- Softback binding options
- Hardback binding options
Submission and Collection
- Prior to submission please make sure that the thesis is collated in the correct order; pages are bound strictly in the order that they are presented
- Only A4 sized pages are accepted.
- Normal turnaround is two to five working days. (Please check availability)
- Express Service. (Please check availability)
- At particularly busy periods and during staff holidays/absences the normal turnaround may be extended and the express service made unavailable.
- Print and Design Solutions reserves the right to refuse to bind any copied material that has not been acquired legally under the terms of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or any current licensing agreements the University has.
- A surcharge of 50% is added to all prices for non-members of the University and for binding of work not prepared as part of a course of study at The University of Sheffield.
- For address details, maps and opening times for Print and Design Solutions please click here
- Theses can be collected from the reception desk, posted to your specified destination or delivered to a designated campus drop off point.
- Please contact reception regarding postage and a estimate will be provided.
- Any queries please contact reception on 0114 2221220 or email email@example.com
Useful additional information