Answered By: Your Library Team
Last Updated: Oct 12, 2018     Views: 81

To access the library without your UCard, a day pass can be obtained in staffed hours at the entrance to Western Bank Library and the Health Sciences Library at The Royal Hallamshire Hospital. Please bring photo ID with you if possible, and be aware you will not have the same borrowing rights without your card.

You need to have your UCard with you to:

  • Enter and exit the Information Commons or Levels 1 to 4 of The Diamond
  • Print and photocopy
  • Borrow library books

If you have lost your UCard you need to go to SSID located in the 3rd floor on the Students Union Building to get a new one. It costs £5 for a replacement.

If your card has been stolen you should tell SSiD immediately on 0114 222 1299 so they can disable your card and prevent it from being used by anyone else.  If you report the theft to the Police then you will be given a crime reference number which can be used to replace your UCard for free.

Related Topics

Contacting Library Help

Submit your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.