Answered By: Your Library Team Last Updated: Aug 06, 2021 Views: 88
There are several filter options to help you refine and sort your search results, these appear along the left side of every search results page in StarPlus. You can use these filters to make your search results more precise and relevant to you.
You can filter by Availability, Resource Types, New Records, Topic, Journal Title, Author/Creator, Date, Library, Collection and Language.
You can also toggle the order in which your results are displayed by clicking on the Sort by option. You can sort by relevance, date, or alphabetically by title.
Filters can be selected in the following ways:
- Click on a filter to apply it - this will include all items that meet that filter criteria.
- If you hover over a filter, a tick box will appear to the left of it. You can use this method to select several filters at once, and then click Apply Filters at the bottom.
- Clicking the tick box with a cross through it on the righthand side of a filter will exclude all items that meet that filter criteria.
- When you have selected and applied a filter it will move to the top of the list under the heading Active Filters. You can click 'Remember all filters' to apply the selected filters to all searches during that session.
Filters can be deselected in the following ways:
- In the Active Filters menu, click on the cross icon next to any active filter to remove it. Or, to remove all filters, click Reset Filters.