Answered By: Your Library Team
Last Updated: Mar 26, 2018     Views: 242

Access to the Information Commons is restricted to current staff, students and alumni of the University.

Alumni are now able to access the IC during staffed service hours but holders of other External (white) UCards or University library External Borrower cards are not able to use the Information Commons.

Visitors have the option of applying for an External Borrower card (fees may be charged) or an External Reader card which will allow access to Western bank and the Health Sciences library.

Alternatively, if visiting the library for just a day, a Temporary library card can be issued while your membership application is being processed. These can be obtained at the entrance to Western Bank Library and the Health Sciences library, Royal Hallamshire Hospital. ID is required. 

However material held in the Information Commons can be requested and collected from any other library site. 

Contacting Library Help

Submit your Question

Electronic access help

If you have any queries about our electronic resources (databases, e-journals or e-books), please contact us.

  • Have you included full item details, title, author, year, volume, page numbers etc as this will help us to resolve your query


Accessing an ejournal article or ebook?

  • Check that the library has access to the year that you are looking for.

  • Check if the electronic resource offers full-text or abstracts only.

  • Check the eResources Service Indicators to see if any known problems exist.

  • Check that the ebook isn’t a Review

Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.