Answered By: Your Library Team
Last Updated: Jul 12, 2018     Views: 137

Access to the Information Commons (IC) is restricted for external library users. A valid UCard is required at all times to pass through the entrance turnstiles.

Alumni members with alumni library membership are welcome in staffed hours, but access is otherwise limited to current University of Sheffield students and staff only.

The Information Commons aims to deliver high quality IT-enabled study space and 24hr access to our most heavily-used student materials. Demand for seats and books is intense and, as such, access is restricted to UCard holders.

External borrowers can place requests on books from the IC for collection at other sites.

Related Topics

Contacting Library Help

Submit your Question

Electronic access help

If you have any queries about our electronic resources (databases, e-journals or e-books), please contact us.

  • Have you included full item details, title, author, year, volume, page numbers etc as this will help us to resolve your query


Accessing an ejournal article or ebook?

  • Check that the library has access to the year that you are looking for.

  • Check if the electronic resource offers full-text or abstracts only.

  • Check the eResources Service Indicators to see if any known problems exist.

  • Check that the ebook isn’t a Review

Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.