Answered By: Your Library Team
Last Updated: Nov 24, 2017     Views: 186

Employees of NHS institutions within Sheffield, including all NHS Trusts, Primary Care Trusts and students of other institutions on clinical placements within a Sheffield NHS Trust or other NHS institution, may register with the University Library. 

You can either fill in a registration form at Northern General Hospital or the Royal Hallamshire Hospital sites or fill in an online registration form 

When collecting your library card, you will need to provide your NHS ID card or proof that you work for the Trust and confirmation of your home address (such as a driving licence, utility bill or bank statement)

At the point of registration NHS staff members will be issued with a green Library card for access and for borrowing purposes, a four-digit Library PIN Number which will enable self-service borrowing, and a Library password which is required to access your Library Account Online.

Membership enables access to Western Bank and the Health Sciences Library in staffed hours. However, this membership does not give NHS users access to the University computer network.

Chat is available during staffed hours.