Answered By: Your Library Team
Last Updated: May 02, 2017     Views: 224

  • If you have lost your UCard you need to contact the Student Services Information Desk (SSID). They are located on level 3 in the Student's Union building.  There will be a £5 charge.
  • If your card has been stolen you must report the card missing by going to SSID or call them on 0114 222 1299.  Your card will be replaced for free if a crime reference number is obtained from the police. 

If you are unable to come to SSiD for a replacement UCard and you are not entitled to a free replacement, you can order your UCard online for £7 (inc. p&p) - order a replacement Ucard here

The UCard is the identification card for all members and visitors of the University of Sheffield.  You should carry your UCard with you at all times.

If you have no UCard , providing you have some form of photo ID, you would be able to sign in and receive a Visitor Pass within staffed hours at Western Bank Library or at the Health Science library at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital although you would not be able to borrow books, print or photocopy.

You will not be able to access the Information Commons or The Diamond without a valid UCard.

Related Topics

Contacting Library Help

Submit your Question

Electronic access help

If you have any queries about our electronic resources (databases, e-journals or e-books), please contact us.

  • Have you included full item details, title, author, year, volume, page numbers etc as this will help us to resolve your query


Accessing an ejournal article or ebook?

  • Check that the library has access to the year that you are looking for.

  • Check if the electronic resource offers full-text or abstracts only.

  • Check the eResources Service Indicators to see if any known problems exist.

  • Check that the ebook isn’t a Review

Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.