Answered By: Your Library Team Last Updated: Feb 13, 2019 Views: 3
If you have found an item you need in StarPlus, and it isn't on loan, always go and check the shelves as this is much quicker than requesting it.
If the item is on loan please place a request and we will email you when it is available to collect. Please go to the FAQ on how to place a request for further information. You can also check out our FAQ on finding online resources for immediate access.
Things to remember:
- It is always quicker to go to the shelf when StarPlus indicates "item in place" rather than making a request.
- To collect your request as quickly as possible, choose the home site of the item as the collection point. This avoids the book spending time in transit between libraries.
- Requests placed on items from Western Bank Library will only be available to collect from there, thereby making Western Bank Library items even quicker to obtain. We have also now enabled requests to be collected out of staffed hours on a self-service basis. The self-service collection point is behind the Level 5 Information Desk.
- Returning items to the site where they were borrowed means they will be returned to the shelves and placed back into circulation as quickly as possible.
- There may already be a queue for a requested item which may cause a slight delay.