Answered By: Your Library Team Last Updated: Feb 12, 2019 Views: 3
Clearing your cache and cookies can significantly improve your browser's performance. It is particularly helpful if you have persistent problems with pages not loading as expected when using databases. These problems are often caused by your browser calling up old information from your cache or cookie folder. Clearing them usually solves the problem.
1. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top right of the screen.
2. Click on the clock symbol
3. Select 'Clear History'
4. Make sure the 'Cookies' and 'Cached Data' boxes are ticked.
5. You can leave other boxes such as 'form data' and 'Passwords' unticked so that you don't lose stored usernames and passwords.
6. Click 'Clear' when ready.
Close and restart Microsoft Edge and the issue should be resolved.
1. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner and select Options from the pop window.
2. Select the Privacy tab.
3. Below History click on the blue words that say clear your recent history.
3. From Time range to clear make sure Everything is selected.
4. Make sure Cookies, Cache and Active Logins are ticked.
5. You can leave Browsing & Download History and Form & Search History unticked.
6. Click Clear Now
Close and restart Firefox and the issue should be resolved.
1. Click the three dots in the top-right corner and hover over History, then click History on the appearing menu.
2. Click on 'Clear browsing data'
3. Choose a time range to clear - make sure this covers the whole period that the problem has been occurring.
4. Make sure 'Cookies and other site data' and 'Cached images and files' are ticked.
5. You can leave the other boxes unticked.
6. Click on the 'Clear data' button.
Close and restart Chrome and the issue should be resolved.
Safari OS X 10.10 Yosemite
1.From either the Safari or History menus choose Clear History and Website Data....
2.Make sure all history is selected and click on Clear History.
Restart Safari and the issue should be resolved.
If you need any help clearing your cache and cookies whilst on campus please visit CiCS on Level 1 of the Information Commons.